Sunday, June 27, 2021

Carly's Keto Kitchen

Hello!  I decided to start a blog of my favorite Keto/ low carb recipes.  I have been on and off the low carb wagon several times in the past 15 years.  I feel so much better when I am eating low carb.  I lose weight, have more energy and am much healthier.   In October of 2019, I reached my highest weight.  I felt out of control, and was eating a lot of carbs and sugar.  I decided that I needed to change in order to live a healthy life.  I started the Keto diet, and I LOVE IT.  The food is delicious, I am never hungry, and I feel AMAZING.  One other significant change is that I have lost over 100 pounds since starting Keto!  It has been quite a transformation, and I plan to continue this Keto Lifestyle forever.  It took me one year to lose 107 pounds, and I have maintained my weight loss for the past 8 months.  

Here is a link to basic information on the Keto diet.  Before starting Keto, I simply read about it online and joined a group on Facebook called "Keto for Beginners".  This group helped me because I was able to read about the success other people were having, and that really motivated me.  I remember people saying, "If I can do it, so can you!"  They were right!  

Here are my before and after pictures.
Yes, I am a Physical Education teacher, and I have a PE blog too!


Low Carb Food
Taco Egg Bake

There are SO many delicious Keto and low carb recipes on the web.  I love to use Pinterest to find recipes.  Here is a link to my low carb Pinterest Page.   

Since 2019, I have created more Pinterest Boards to organize Keto recipes.  Check them out below.

Vegetables (most are Keto but a few others mixed in for my family like the sweet potato casserole). :-)


One recipe to share today:

When I'm in the mood for Mexican food, this Low Carb Taco Egg Bake really hits the spot!  It's absolutely delicious topped with lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream and salsa.  Thanks to Just A Pinch for sharing this outstanding dish!

Low Carb Food
This recipe makes a 9x13 so it's plenty for the whole family and for leftovers!

Until next time, Keto on!



No comments:

Post a Comment