Monday, June 28, 2021

My Favorite Keto Breakfast

Chaffles are a very popular food on the Keto diet.  Chaffles are mini waffles made of cheese and egg. 

5 ingredients

Chaffles can be used for a variety of things.  They can be eaten alone or used as a bread or bun replacement.  You will need to buy a mini waffle maker to make these.  This is what I use.  I also have the mini panini style press which I often use!

When my Mom first told me about chaffles, I thought, "Hum, that sounds pretty strange", and I didn't know if I would like them.  However, I tried them and chaffles quickly became my favorite Keto breakfast.  I eat chaffles with sliced avocado and hot sauce on the side.  I make this for breakfast at least 3-4 times per week since starting Keto, and I have not grown tired of it!  YUM!  Below is the recipe I use.

Cheesy Chaffle (makes 3 chaffles)

1 egg

1 T. Parmesan Cheese

1 t. mayo (I use Kraft Real Mayo)

1/8 t. baking powder

1/2 cup shredded cheese (I like cheddar or pepper jack)

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.  Then scoop a heaping 1 T. into the chaffle maker.  Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until golden brown.  Makes 3 chaffles.





I also had some marinated tomatoes with a little scoop of tuna fish mixed with mayo.  I like to eat a big breakfast!  Here is a link to the marinated tomato recipe.







No comments:

Post a Comment