Thursday, July 8, 2021

Food Prepping - Vegetables

Do you want to be successful on Keto?  It is very important to PLAN AHEAD and be prepared with the foods you will need for the week.  I am a teacher (check out my PE blog here), so during the school year I prep my food on Saturday mornings.  I will easily spend 3-4 hours each weekend prepping food.  This has helped me be very successful on Keto!

Here are my biggest tips for planning:

1.  Grocery Shop- Be sure to make a list and buy enough food!  After a few weeks on Keto, you will learn how much food you need each week.   In the past, sometimes I would buy too much food and end up wasting it, or buy too little and not have what I needed for the week.  Below I will show you a picture of the veggies I eat each week.  I do not like fruit, but I eat a lot of vegetables!

Here is a sample of what veggies I buy each week: 
Celery, Spinach, Romaine and/or Bibb Lettuce, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Mini Peppers, Green Pepper, Avocado, Portabello Mushrooms, Cucumbers


2.  Prep your food- Today I am showing you how I prep my veggies for the week.  I clean them and put them in plastic food bags so they are ready when I need them.  I also steam veggies like brussel sprouts and cook my portabella mushrooms so they are ready to make Roasted Brussel Spouts and Portabella Mushroom Pizzas.  

When I chop up my veggies, I put a plastic bag next to me for trash.

Soak or rinse veggies in water.
Wrap in paper towel and store in plastic food bags to keep things fresh.


3.  Make a list and check things off- I have always been the type of person who makes lists and checks things off as I do them.  Sometimes I even write things down just so I can have the satisfaction of checking them off!  I write down things I need to do or recipes I want to make, then check them off as I go.  If I don't have time to make something, I simply put it on my list for the next week.





1 comment: