Thursday, July 8, 2021

My Second Favorite Keto Breakfast -Broccoli Quiche

I posted a few weeks ago about my favorite Keto Breakfast - Chaffles with Avocado.  Today I would like

A huge slice of this for breakfast will fill you up!

to share my next favorite Keto breakfast - Broccoli Quiche!  My Mom gave me this recipe at least 20 years ago and it's so delicious.  I often make this and have it in the fridge for a quick breakfast.  This summer I have been packing it on vacations.  While my family is eating the hotel breakfast of waffles, cereal, granola bars and muffins, I just heat a slice of this up in the hotel microwave.  No excuse to go off of Keto on vacation!  I usually cut this pie into 6 big slices.

Mom's Broccoli Quiche

1 head of broccoli

1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I use colby jack or mild cheddar)

4 eggs

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 T. dried minced onion

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. black pepper

sprinkle of ground thyme (about 1/8 tsp.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Steam the broccoli (lightly) and place in a greased deep dish pie plate.  Place shredded cheese on top of steamed broccoli.  In a bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream and seasonings.  Then pour mixture on top of broccoli & cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 mins.  (I usually bake for 45).  Enjoy!


YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment